A hormone produced in the male human body is called the testosterone. It is produced in the testicles and is responsible for bringing about changes in man’s appearance and sexual development. It activates the sperm productions as well as maintains the libido levels. It also helps with regards muscle mass growth and increases the bone density.
What Causes The Body To Produce Low Testosterone?
Aging is one of the vital causes for reduced production of testosterone. Studies have proved that about 2 out of 10 men who are about 60 have been detected with low testosterone. Men can experience many symptoms which are caused due to low testosterone levels. A normal range of testosterone normally is between 300-1000 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dL). Doctors recommend to get a serum testosterone test done, to determine the levels of circulating testosterone in the body. Multiple symptoms show in your body due to lack of testosterone. The top 5 symptoms are mentioned below.
- Low Libido Levels: Testosterone is responsible for maintaining the libido levels in the body of a man. Due to lack of testosterone, men experience a lack of sex drive. They lose out on the desire to have sex which can affect their relationship with their partner.
- Lose Out On Muscle Mass: Testosterone helps muscle mass growth. It helps to fulfill bodybuilding goals. But low testosterone is responsible losing out on muscle mass.
- Leads To Difficulty Having An Erection: Testosterone is responsible for maintaining the libido levels in a man. It also stimulates the production of nitric oxide in the body with help to boost the blood flow to various organs of the body including the penis. Therefore, you are able to get a hard erection. But due to lack testosterone, leads to causing depletion in the nitric oxide production. The penile chambers do not receive sufficient blood supply and this does not allow you to get an erection.
- Hair Loss: Testosterone is responsible for bringing around changes in the body functions of a man inclusive of the hair production. With aging, men tend to lose hair. However, with the inherited component to balding, it has been proved that men with low testosterone levels also experience loss of body as well as facial hair.
- Low Semen Volume: Testosterone is important with regards to the production of semen. This is a milky fluid that supports the motility of the sperm. Men who have low testosterone levels often notice a reduction in the volume of semen during ejaculation.
- Low Energy Levels: Testosterone is responsible for maintaining the metabolism levels in the body. Low testosterone levels cause reduced body metabolism. This leads to low energy levels at all times.
The above mentioned are just the top 5 basic signs and symptoms of low testosterone. You must ensure to keep your testosterone levels maintained at all times. If ignored it can be hazardous.